Laylatul Qadr Flash Cards
Age Level: multi-ages
‘Aisha – may Allah be pleased with her – asked the Prophet –sallallahu alayhe wa sallam – what to say when seeking Laylatul Qadr. She was instructed to say “Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee” English: O Allah! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me.”
Insha’Allah the following word scramble activity will help you or your children remember what to say.
- Scramble Cards (you will need to print them out)
- Colored Card stock or copy paper (if printing by hand, using index cards eliminates cutting)
- Print cards onto card stock or regular paper. Using colored card stock is best. If printing is not an option, write the words on index cards exactly as shown on the print version. There are two sets of cards: one in Arabic (transliteration) and the other in English. You may want to write the number of each card on the back of each card before cutting them out so you know the order they should be arranged in.
- Cut out cards. Laminate the front side for durability. Use clear packing tape if laminate is not available.
- To play, scramble the pieces, printed side up.
- Have student put the sentence back together in the correct order.
- Keep Score: 3 points for each word that is in the right place. Score 3 more points for correct pronunciation.
- Use audio recording if needed for pronunciation. Replay, Repeat and Practice to memorize it.
- Keep playing until dua’a is memorized or until a certain score is reached.
- Another way to play is to flash a card and have the child read it. Give points based on the correct reading.
- Have child/student trace over the letters/words with a finger as they say the word out loud.
Arabic: “Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee”
English: O Allah! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me.”