The following is from Practical Way To Benefit From Ramadhaan — a Mustafa George lecture.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, his Companions and his family members and all those who follow them until the Last Day.
Each person should make goals that he wants to achieve in the month of Ramadhaan.
The following are just examples and they should be modified according to the person’s abilities and circumstances.
- I want to finish the Qur’aan from cover to cover 1 time, or 2 times, or 5 times, etc.
- I want to start Riyaad us-Saaliheen with my family, or I want to start teaching my family from Kitaab at-Tawheed or other beneficial books.
- For the sister – I want to fix that which is between me and my sister.
- I want to start praying Tahajjud regularly in Ramadhaan and continue after Ramadhaan
- I want to memorize some dua’s from the Sunnah which I can continue saying even after Ramadhaan.
So there are many easy things that each one of us can do which we have the capability of doing in the month of Ramadhaan to achieve more good deeds for the sake of Allah alone.
Please feel free to share other ideas which are beneficial inshaAllah.
Barak Allahu feekum
Help your children set goals for themselves this Ramadhan. Ask them to think about a goal –or even several mini-goals–that they want to do.
Have them write their goal(s) in a notebook or a journal. Their goals need to be something they can actually achieve. In other words, tell them: don’t set your goal beyond what you have the ability to accomplish. If you need help, keep following this series. There will be more about setting goals insha’Allah.
- How to Write a Dunya/Akhirah Du’aa List: An easy guide to help you and your children come up with your dunya-akhira du’aa list. It includes a printable and examples.
Up Next, Practical Way To Benefit From Ramadhaan: Daily Schedule/Plan (Preparations) – bi’ithnillah