Ramadhan Door Hanger
This is a simple craft to do with your kids.
- Foam Sheets or Card Stock (or construction paper and a cardboard box)
- Utility Knife
- Foam decorations: Paint, markers, glitter glue, ribbon, etc
Directions Using Foam Sheets
The door hanger template itself is simply a 9×3 fun foam rectangle with the corners rounded off. You can cut four of them from a single 9×12 sheet of craft foam.
- Download and print the door knob template.
- Next, cut out the paper template. You will use this paper template on the next step.
- Lay the paper template onto the foam sheet and trace around it. Be sure to trace the door knob hole also.
- Then carefully cut out the hole in the center with a utility knife. An alternative is to make a cut from the center top edge down to the door knob marking. Continue cutting out the door knob hole.
- The last step is to decorate the door hanger.
Craft Foam Decorating Options
- Use markers to write “Wake Me For Suhoor.”
- Then decorate with foam cut out shapes, paint, glitter glue, etc. ~ be creative!
Using Card Stock:
- Print the template on paper or card stock. Use colored paper or card stock, or print on white paper and color.
- Cut out largest shape with scissors. Cut out the door knob hole with a utility knife or use the method explained above.
Card Stock Decorating Options
- You can also use the computer to create words and pictures if printing these on paper.
- Use pictures (no people, animals, or insects) and make a collage.
- Use stamps or paint.