Learn Du’aa Breaking the Fast Flash Card Activity
Insha’Allah the following word activity will help your children remember what to say upon breaking their fast.
- Arabic: ذهب الظمؤ وابتلّت العروق وثبت الأجر إن شاء الله
- English: ‘The thirst has gone and the veins are quenched, and reward is confirmed, if Allaah wills.’
- Printer (see alternate materials if printing is not available)
- Card stock or copy paper (use index cards if you don’t have a printer)
- Markers (optional)
- Flash Cards Breaking the Fast Transliteration and English (pdf)
- Flash Cards Breaking the Fast Arabic Text (pdf)
- Audio of du’aa (see below)
- or Audio of dua’a: Click to listen to
- Print the cards onto card stock or regular paper. Colored card stock or paper is best. If printing is not an option, open the documents and write the words on index cards.
- Cut the cards out.
- Laminate the front side for durability. Use clear packing tape if laminate is not available.
- There are two sets of cards: one in Arabic ( or use the transliteration) and the other in English. You may want to number the back of each card card before cutting them out so you know the order they should be arranged in.
How to Use the Cards:
- To play, shuffle the cards so that they are out of sequence.
- Place them on the table, printed side up.
- The challenge is to put the sentence back together in the correct sequence. Check the back of the cards to see if they in the right order.
- How to Keep Score: 3 points for each word that is in the right place. Score 3 more points for correct pronunciation.
- Keep playing until the du’aa is memorized or until a certain score is reached.
To Hear the Du’aa in Arabic
Download an mp3 audio of this du’aa here: Dua’ for Break the Fast (in Arabic). Or use this: