This Ramadhan banner is perfect décor to help children feel the specialness of the Month
of Fasting in a fun and inviting way.
Banner, Calendar, Prayer Schedule, Dua for Breaking FastRamadhan Banner
- colored card stock or paper
- scissors or decorative scissors/pinking shears
- utility knife
- ribbon, 1/8-inches wide, about 4 yards – match to card stock color
- crepe paper streamers to match card stock and ribbon (optional)
1. Download the Ramadhan Banner Template here. Decide if you want the letters only, or a combination of letters, numbers, and motifs. There are 2 motif designs in the template (page 4 and 5). It’s better to choose only one motif to keep the banner design consistent. You can print out multiple copies of the motif pages that you decide to use.
2. Print the pages that match your selection onto colored card stock or paper. Cut out along the circular line. Use decorative scissors or pinking shears to give letters a decorative edge.
3. Use a utility knife to cut two vertical slits near top of circle. Then, arrange letters into words and design. String letters together by threading ribbon through slits. It helps to put tape on one end of the ribbon to help it slide through the cut.
Hang banner in a corner or between opposite walls with pushpins. Hang in one or two rows. Use crepe paper streamers as additional decorations.
Would love to see your pics of this.
These are really easy instructions for making your own coloring page using MS Word.
If you don’t have MS Word, then download LibreOffice. I use it all the time because: it’s free and it works just like Word (only better). Read more about LibreOffice @ Wikipedia. After you create your coloring page in LibreOffice, save it as any kind of document, including MS Word. You can even to save documents as a pdf so that you can share it with all your friends.
Now, about that coloring page techtorial . . .
Masha’Allah a sister (Umm Abdul-Basir) downloaded a game I created and look what she did with it below. She did an amazing job! It’s sooo nice to see someone benefit from the game (Knowledge Quest Board Game (pdf)). Read all of the instructions HERE. Click around here for more games on the site.
You can read all about her experience on her blog ummabdulbasir.wordpress.com/category/ramadan-lapbook. Please scroll about half-way down the page to reach the post.
These are all pdf files. Click to view and print. Enjoy!
Taraweeh Word Find (Easy)